Alton Hornsby III
T: (678) 304-9588
C: (678) 480-3587
- Intellectual Property
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- Georgia State University College of Law, J.D., 1997
- Georgia Institute of Technology, B.E.E., 1992
Large Law Firm Experience:
- Merchant & Gould
- Eversheds Sutherland
Alton is a registered patent attorney with over fifteen years of experience in U.S. and international patent application preparation and prosecution. Alton has prepared and successfully prosecuted hundreds of patent applications throughout his career, primarily in the electrical, telecommunications and computer software fields. He has also frequently counseled clients in other aspects of intellectual property law, including copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, and various intellectual property agreements.
Alton has been recognized by The National Black Lawyers – Top 100 for Intellectual Property (2015, 2016) and the Lawyers of Color Hot List (Southern Region, 2014). He is also a member of the Atlanta Intellectual Property Inn of Court and the Georgia State University College of Law Intellectual Property Law Advisory Board.
Prior to joining FisherBroyles, Alton worked as a Patent Examiner for the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and for nationally recognized law firms in Atlanta, Georgia.
Presentations & Teaching Experience:
- Presenter – National Society of Black Engineers Annual Convention, Intellectual Property, 2011-2014.
- Panelist – “Gearing Up for the America Invents Act and Changes to the Patent Landscape,” Southeastern Intellectual Property Job Fair, July, 2012.
- Panelist – Patent Litigation/Prosecution Panel Luncheon, sponsored by the Georgia State University College of Law Intellectual Property Law Society, February 23, 2011.
- Presenter – Intellectual Property Law, Gate City Bar Association, 3rd Annual Paralegal Skills Seminar, 2009.
- Divided Infringement for Software Patents in View of Limelight Networks v. Akamai Technologies, American Bar Association Landslide Magazine (November/December 2014, Volume 7, Number 2).
- Recent Developments in the Evaluation of Patent-Eligible Subject Matter for Methods of Doing Business, National Bar Association Commercial Law Section, The Commercial Law Connection (Winter 2012).
- Co-Author PTO, Foreign Agencies Fast-Track Green Technology, National Law Journal, January 2010.