Direct: (212) 343-9874
Mobile: (917) 912-5494
New York Office
- Commercial Transactions
- Compliance Counseling
- Financial Services & Lending
- FinTech and Blockchain
- General Corporate
- Securities & Private Equity
- New York
- Boston University School of Law, JD
- Middlebury College, Bachelor’s degrees, Political Science and Russian
- Treasurer, ASARCO
- Associate General Counsel and Head of Capital Markets and M&A, ASARCO
Large Law Firm Experience
- Porzio, Bromberg & Newman
Christopher Schultz concentrates his practice in the areas of corporate securities, fund formation, and mergers & acquisitions. He serves as a key strategic advisor to public and private companies, private equity funds, hedge funds, and private real estate funds. His practice includes significant work on cross border transactions representing both U.S. companies making outbound investments into Europe, Latin America and Asia and foreign companies making inbound investments into the United States.
Mr. Schultz has led numerous transactions involving the negotiation and implementation of mergers and acquisitions of public and private companies; the structuring and implementation of equity and debt offerings and other capital markets transactions; and the negotiation of complex financings. Mr. Schultz has also served as a senior officer of a New York Stock Exchange company and his business and finance experience and strategic perspective have made him a key advisor to clients in a variety of industries.
Mr. Schultz frequently advises private business owners and chief financial officers regarding strategic transactions, raising capital, intellectual property rights, and key strategic issues that impact the growth and success of companies. His background as a corporate officer gives him a unique perspective on the business and financial issues that impact companies and make him a go-to legal advisor for CEOs and CFOs.
Recent transactions include representing one of the largest European based private equity funds in connection with the acquisition of multiple U.S. manufacturing businesses. He also represented one of the largest U.S. based medical claim processing software companies in connection with its acquisition by a UK based public company. In addition, he represented an East Coast based plastic manufacturing business in connection with its acquisition by a U.S. private equity fund.
He led the team advising Peru Copper, Inc. (AMEX:CUP;TSX:PCV) in connection with its evaluation of strategic alternatives that led to its merger with Aluminum Corporation of China and representing Moscow CableCom Corp. (NASDAQ:MOCC) in connection with its acquisition by Renova Media Enterprises Ltd., a Russian private equity firm, in a going private transaction.
Other transactions include representing Watson Pharmaceuticals Inc. in its divestiture of intellectual property rights and other assets relating to a drug line of recently acquired Andrx Corporation, and advising Mueller Weingarten AG in connection with its acquisition of U.S.-based assets and related intellectual property rights.
- Restructurings with Cross-Border Investments: Maintaining U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis Regulatory Compliance and Meeting May and June 2015 Deadlines, The Bureau of National Affairs Bankruptcy Law Reporter, March 19, 2015.
- S. Regulatory Compliance for Cross-Border Investments, Belgian Chamber of Commerce Magazine, April 7, 2016.
- Foreign Company Compliance with U.S. Department of Commerce Mandatory Reporting Obligations, IBLC Annual General Meeting, Brussels, Belgium, September 18, 2015.
- US-China-Latin America Trade and Investment: Natural Resources: A Case Study, IBLC Conference, Sao Paolo, Brazil, April 4, 2014.
Mr. Schultz received his Juris Doctorate from Boston University School of Law, Boston, MA, and Bachelor’s degrees in Political Science and Russian from Middlebury College, Middlebury, VT.