D: (813) 444-2007
M: (727) 505-3827
F: (813) 402-0566
- Health and Pharmacy Law
- General Corporate
- University of Florida, JD, 2010
- University of Florida, 2007
Large Law Firm Experience:
- Carlton Fields
Ryan Wierenga represents a wide range of health care industry clients, including hospitals and health systems, ambulatory surgery centers, pharmacies, physician practice groups, individual physicians, and senior living facilities.
Ryan helps his clients evaluate risk, structure compliant business transactions, and operate in compliance with all applicable rules and regulations. He has experience with mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, strategic affiliations, and negotiating contracts. Additionally, Ryan advises clients on federal and state regulatory matters, such as anti-kickback, self-referral laws, fee splitting, certificates of need, and Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement and compliance. Finally, Ryan regularly assists clients seeking state and federal licensure, curing deficiencies with such licensure, and change of ownerships.
- Completed more than 10 licensure change of ownership filings for Assisted Living Facilities in Florida
- Completed a licensure change of ownership for a Personal Care Home in Georgia
- Advises senior living facilities on day-to-day operation and licensure matters
- Represented a 421-bed independent not-for-profit hospital in its long-term lease and asset sale to a national health system
- Represented a 112-bed independent not-for-profit hospital in its long-term lease and asset sale to a regional health system
- Advised not-for-profit hospital on joint venture arrangements with for-profit entities
- Represented an ambulatory surgery center and its owners in a sale to a national operator
- Represented individual physicians in contract negotiations with employers
- Successfully procured Beverage and Alcohol Licenses in Florida
- Drafted Personal Services Agreements, Co-Management Agreements, Policies and Procedures for Providers, and Employment Agreements
- 04.26.2016 -“2016 Stark Law Updates,” Expect Focus Vol. I (Winter 2016).
- 03.25.2015 – Co-Author, “Meet the ACA’s Employer Mandate,” Expect Focus, Vol. I (Winter 2015).
- 07.08.2014 – Co-author, “Congress Sends Mixed Messages to Health Care Providers,” Expect Focus, Vol. II (Spring 2014).
- Selected for inclusion in Florida Super Lawyers Rising Stars (2015-2017)
Professional and Civic Activities
- The American Health Lawyers Association
- Hillsborough County Bar Association – “Wills for Heroes” program
- John Germany Read to Dream Program