W. Wayt King Jr.
- Startup Software and Web Services Businesses
- Angel and VC Financing
- Technology Transactions
- Intellectual Property
- “Outsourced General Counsel” for Startups
Large Firm Experience:
- King & Spalding, LLP (Atlanta)
- Alston & Bird, LLP (Atlanta)
- N2 Broadband, Inc. – Co-Founder, VP, General Counsel (sold for $120M)
- Shotput Ventures – Co-Founder and Partner
- Last Minute Tee Times, Inc. – Investor and Advisor (sold for $18M)
- University of Georgia School of Law, Cum Laude, 1996
- Georgia Institute of Technology, M.S. Electrical Engineering, 1982
- Georgia Institute of Technology, B.S. Electrical Engineering, 1981
Wayt has broad experience as a founder of, investor in, and lawyer for software and web services startups and as a strategy and legal advisor to private technology companies generally. He serves as out-sourced general counsel for several Atlanta-area emerging growth companies. His transactions skills include seed capital and venture capital financing, mergers and acquisitions, software licensing and distribution, web services agreements, patent licensing and protection, corporate governance, executive and employment issues, and privacy/security matters.
Wayt leverages his unique experience as both a lawyer and an entrepreneur to advise startups. He was one of the founders of on-demand TV software company N2 Broadband, which raised $27M in VC financing over 3 rounds, grew to $23M/year in sales and 200 employees, and was acquired for $120M. Wayt has been an angel investor in and advisor to several (non-client) Atlanta startups.
- Georgia Tech Academy of Distinguished Engineering Alumni, Co-Chair of 2006 25th Reunion Committee
- Several non-profits focused on orphans and other children in Guatemala